The job responsibilities include:
I went to Leapfrog HQ once for an exploratory meeting. Although we didn't end up collaborating on that venture, I came away with a solidly positive impression of the Leapfrog universe and the smart, pleasant inhabitants.
- Write learning goals and content to align with product interactions for early childhood learning, with special focus on math and science.
- Advise producers, game designers, product designers, web developers and others on appropriate content, pedagogy and assessment strategies
- Review materials and product prototypes and make design recommendations.
- Collaborate with internal research deparment and external scholars on assessments of learning processes and outcomes, some grant writing likely.
- Maintain a library of learning resources, and external consultants.
- Stay current with trends in early childhood education; math-science teaching, learning, and assessment.